Miyerkules, Setyembre 20, 2017

IN MOMENTS OF BLISS -6

©Mallari 2017
written by Rolando Q. Mallari MD

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. The characters, the storyline, the location are all culled from the imagination. Any similarity to real life and place are purely coincidental.


VI

 Blood is thicker than water



Joey took an emergency leave from work. He made a few calls and prepared a few things and off he went to Dusit Thani Guam Resort Hotel. Joey is well known in the hotel. He had had few operations work for the immigration that happened in the hotel. His presence in the hotel may seem to be work. But unknown to all, Joey was working on a hunch, rather on an old feeling and he was hoping he was right. 

After checking in at the hotel, Joey went to the swimming pool area and saw some acquaintances. 

Joey: Oh girls what took you here? 
Girl 1: Hi Joey! Oh we are babysitters for a little while.
Girl 2: I don't know if that was the term. We will be with a friend's son who is 10 years old now. Our friend is presenting a paper at the Guam Medical Society scientific session.
Joey: (suddenly getting interested) Really? 
Girl 1: Yes and by the way, the young boys seemed to look like you!  
Girl 2: Come to think of it, he looks like you! 

Joey: Are you referring to Dr......

(Joey is supposed to say the name but Jeremy interrupted the conversation).

Jeremy: Tita........ (running towards the two girls and embracing them)

I was at the back following Jeremy and was startled that Joey was talking to the girls. 

They introduced me to Joey and Joey kept his eyes just staring at me! I seemed to have drifted 11 years ago! I was praying to myself that Joey would blurt out the name he used to call me but his voice dampened my hopes. With all formality, he just said, "glad to have met you!"

He asked to be excused but Jeremy, all of a sudden invited him to take a swim with him. He just looked at me and I obliged while talking to my two friends whom I asked to look after Jeremy. Joey and Jeremy seem to hit it off well. Joey is also a very good swimmer and while Jeremy took swimming classes during summer. It was a fun to look at the two of them. Maida and Mila, my two friends who agreed to look after Jeremy were looking at me intently! They joked that Joey is still available despite few relationships he had entered into. They further intimated that Joey probably had not moved on a past relationship. My mind wandered off to what happened 11 years ago when all of a sudden I heard Jeremy talking. I looked at them and didn't notice that they were done swimming and approached us with the girls. 

Jeremy: Mama, I invited Officer Joey to join us for dinner tonight. I know you would be presenting this afternoon. Can he join us for dinner? 

I was surprised and I looked at Jeremy, then looked at Joey and looked at the girls. I just couldn't say no. After saying yes, Joey smiled and excused himself. I saw the two girls chattering and called out on Joey. They seem to say something but Joey excused himself at once. 

We had breakfast by the poolside. Dr. Zandico my mentor will be presenting advances in plastic surgery in the morning session. He requested me to be present as he asked permission if he could present my case to the scientific community. It was not a problem for me because that's how the scientific world operates. But I was worried, Joey was around and if he happened to sit and listen during the presentation he would learn the truth of what happened eleven years ago. 



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

ARINGAY TOURISM WEBSITE TESTING

We are presently testing the Aringay Tourism Website. Please visit and we appreciate your comments. https://aringaytourism.site123.me