Martes, Setyembre 19, 2017

IN MOMENTS OF BLISS - 2

©Mallari 2017

written by Rolando Q. Mallari

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. The characters, the storyline, the location are all culled from the imagination. Any similarity to real life and place are purely coincidental.

II


He was mine and I am his


We discussed the schedule of our tutorials. That Monday after school hours, armed with review materials in one arm and a bag carried on my shoulder, I saw Joey at the school gate. He politely assisted me and off we went to their rented place. It was the third house from my place. It is a two-floor structure spacious for three student siblings! As we entered the living room I saw a brown-skinned handsome guy to which Joey introduced to me as Jayson. Joey continued to introduce Janice as the youngest as his sister. I learned that his father is a Chamorro-American while his mother is of Filipino parentage. His father is a serviceman and that their parent’s marriage is on the rocks. With the help of one of their relatives, they were whisked away to the Philippines without his father’s knowledge. Life had to go on for them that's why they were enrolled in the local high school. Because of their set-up, she ended up tutoring the three of them. The results came in after their exams and eventually they were transferred to the Science sections. Joey had become my classmate officially. 

The initial bond that I had developed with Joey did not grow however. Being a Fil-Am, he soon became popular. He became active in student government and sports. He became the cynosure of many eyes. He was the school crush. Joey slowly got the confidence to be on his own. As for me, I quietly slipped into oblivion in Joey's life. Although there were attempts on the part of Jayson to try to fill in that developed void, I opted not to complicate matters. 

The sports competition came before the school year ended. During practices, it became inevitable that I see Joey. But this time he had always a group of girls following around. We went through our own ways, however. My co-athletes knew me pretty well that even though I like a person, I will not go out of my own way to be with them. It was either me or them. My concern was the competition. When the competition was held, our volleyball team snatched the championship and I was adjudged as the Most Valuable Player. I was the star. Without wanting it, all eyes were focused on me. Unfortunately for Joey, he did not qualify for the semifinals both in the 100s and the 200s. Their relay team was lucky to enter the semifinals but failed to advance in the finals. As to the soccer team, he failed to qualify for the regional team. 

There was a tinge of pain deep inside me. I wanted to get near and console him because it was in the sports arena where I met him. But circumstances did not allow me that time. Although the team had loses in other sports categories, we won the overall crown for the first time. During the victory party I saw Joey drank his heart out. He probably was wallowing in self pity. 

I left the party earlier than anybody. I intentionally slipped from everyone to get a good night's rest as there were other things to do the next day.  I was already half-slept when somebody was loudly knocking at my door. I dreamily opened the door and it was Joey. 

Joey was drunk. He was bitter. He was murmuring inanities. Dropping my defenses I asked him to get inside my place. He started crying and I started consoling him. He stared at me and asked what happened between the two of us? I looked at him too and told him he too proud and airy. He looked at me intently. Then despite his drunken state, took his face nearer my face and his lips touched my lips. Initially it was gentle then it became harsher, then back to gentler kiss, now with passion and longing. Now I was trapped by Joey. Or was he? And I am now enjoying the fruits of that trap. Whatever, I am enjoying it nevertheless. Joey is now mine and I am his! 

There were no words spoken but it seemed that what happened concretized whatever relationship Joey and I had. Some call it mutual understanding. But for me I describe it as "hard to explain"! The last two months of the school year, Joey has considerably changed. He would rather stay at my pad and share sweet nothings with me. His world was mine and my world was his. 



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

ARINGAY TOURISM WEBSITE TESTING

We are presently testing the Aringay Tourism Website. Please visit and we appreciate your comments. https://aringaytourism.site123.me