Miyerkules, Setyembre 20, 2017

IN MOMENTS OF BLISS -5

©Mallari 2017
written by Rolando Q. Mallari

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. The characters, the storyline, the location are all culled from the imagination. Any similarity to real life and place are purely coincidental.

V

My heart will know you



While at the car going to the hotel, Jeremy asked me a question. 

Jeremy: Mommy, that immigration guy was so intently looking at you. 

Me: Was it me or you? 

Jeremy: He did look at me but I thought he was looking at you more. 

Me: You are too inquisitive.

Jeremy: I seem to be like him. Do you know him? Does he happen to be my father? 

Me: Maybe! 

Jeremy: Maybe? 

Me: Only if he would recognize me.

Jeremy was confounded. He wanted to push for more details but I just look at the mirror and made a faraway look. 

Joey was as confused. He took some file shots of Jeremy and me and when off from duty took home those pictures with him. He called his brother Jayson and showed them the pictures. 

Jayson: Brod, if I really don't know you, I would have said that this is your kid. He is a splitting image of yours. 

Joey: Look Jayson! The circumstances are these. The boy is 10 years old. She had her when she was 17. 

Jayson: So you are saying, you and her had it at 16. She was pregnant when we left for Guam. She delivered when she was 17. 

Joey: Yeah! But what confuses me is that she looked very different. She has a lovely perfect face. 

Jayson: Why isn’t she lovely before? 

Joey: No, Jayson, this was a perfect face. 

Upon saying that, Joey's mind traveled to 11 years ago! He called her up to tell her that they will be flying to Guam in the next two days. But he couldn't tell it on the phone. He would like to be with her before he left the country. He waited in their meeting place. He waited and waited and waited for more....He then took a walk towards her house. He sat in front of her porch. Tears flowing.....Nothing of her came...

Joey left the country in despair. Back in Guam, he resumed his studies with the hope of going back to the Philippines. Fortunately, he was able to work at the immigration and Labor Office where he is now an Immigration Officer. Joey has had his own shares of failed relationships. He probably was looking for her at every girl he had in every relationship. Of course all those girls would have felt that despite their relationship with him, Joey was looking for someone. 

Joey looked at the horizons, eyes tear-filled. He muttered the words: "Why can't I forget you?" He had already planned something on his mind. 



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

ARINGAY TOURISM WEBSITE TESTING

We are presently testing the Aringay Tourism Website. Please visit and we appreciate your comments. https://aringaytourism.site123.me